Sunday, October 10, 2010

TLR Conquered!

I sat down this afternoon determined to finish the target language retell and I got it done! I think I did well... the only issue is that you can hear my guinea pigs making noise in the background. :sigh: I can't win for losing. I tried to redo it but my patience is about gone for this particular project.

To record myself I am using the i-Sight camera on my Macbook Pro that I purchased specifically to make recording myself during the interpreter program easier than using a regular digital camera. I throw a large black cloth over my bunk bed and achieve a professional looking background that is simple to set up and take down!

We will actually interpret this dentist clip tomorrow in class, then celebrate completing our first discourse analysis! This time we started in ASL and worked our way to English. Our next discourse analysis will start in English then we will work our way to ASL. I'm not quite which direction (ASL to English or English to ASL) is one is more challenging for me at this point; I think it's a matter of the vocabulary used.

I'm so thankful to have now completed all three major homework assignments which are due Monday and Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought! :)