Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Unit 18

Unit 18 was the first unit that we did in ASL 2010 this fall. (The textbook series starts with unit 1 back in ASL 1010 and counts up through three books. Hence why 18 was the starting point!) We covered different body and body-part classifiers, role-shifting and reactions. At the end of the unit we were assigned to video ourselves telling a story to show the skills we learned. We worked from a list of requirements and different ideas for our story. The story I wound up choosing to tell was the day I fell flat on my face at church. It was a great "falling" story and also is one of the more embarrassing moments of my life (and it's the embarrassing story I mind telling the least because it wasn't my fault!).

This is the link to my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIP0OW43emk

Btw, the facial expressions are a key part of the language. A lack of facial expressions is somewhat equivalent to a lack of inflection in English.

Now we're on to unit 19, "Sharing Interesting Facts."

Tomorrow is our second processing test in Cognition and Discourse Analysis. I'm not really looking forward to it and our 2 hour lab. But tomorrow also marks the halfway point in the semester!! I can't believe time has flown so fast. Christmas is only two months away? When did that happen??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a thought! :)